Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Not just tomatoes

I seem to only be mentioning my tomatoes. Well, my squash is doing okay, at least the zucchini is. Slow, as everything else, but I didn't plant anything until the end of May, so what do I expect?

We ate some of the zucchini a few days ago. it's good.

I planted a crook necked yellow squash plant, one that I actually started from seed (yes, my one success!!). I didn't do such a great job of labeling my seedlings, so this is one that I thought was a cucumber, but it's not. Something WEIRD is happening to its fruit. There are tons of little baby yellow squash on it, but when they get about 3 inches long, they shrivel up and stop growing and start to kind of disintegrate on the end. It's not a rotting, I don't think...but they are certainly not growing to adulthood. Here is a picture.

No comments: